Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coming Soon in the Twilight World!

I haven't posted in ages, so I thought I would ease myself back into it by posting some things I am looking forward to this spring! Basically, they have everything to do with my 2008 Obsession, Twilight (books and movie, mind you!).

First of all, I am super excited for Twilight (Two-Disc Special Edition). It is supposed to come out at midnight on the 20/21st of March. My sister and I are going to get it and watch it and, honestly, freak out. I cannot wait to have it in my hands. There are lots of awesome versions offered by different stores.

The common special features are:
  • Presented in widescreen format only
  • Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
  • Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
  • Paramore music video: "Decode"
  • Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
  • Five extended scenes with director introductions
  • Five deleted scenes with director introductions
  • Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
  • Comic-Con "fandom" piece
  • Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
  • Three trailers
I can't wait to hear the commentary, featuring stars Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, and director Catherine Hardwicke. I read an interview with Catherine and she said she thought of doing a commentary with some of the technical people but decided to go with a gigglefest fun-time instead. Thank you, Catherine!

Secondly, (coming out before the dvd, but in the same week) Twilight: Director's Notebook: The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer by movie director Catherine Hardwicke. It looks awesome! I cannot wait to sit down and page through it. From all the actors and director have said, they seem to have had an amazing and hilarious time filming. From the description, "Designed to replicate the director’s own personal notebook that she kept on set, readers will discover the inside secrets on wardrobe, storyboard sketches, behind-the- scenes photographs, personal notes about Catherine’s favorite scenes, and much more." Fabulous!!

Here are some of my other favorite Twilight products:

The books, obviously!
Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)
Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)


I LOVE the soundtrack: Twilight Soundtrack I hadn't heard most of the groups on it before, but once I started listening I loved them. Rob Pattinson, who plays Edward, has one track on this version, titled "Never Think." It was written by him and a friend, Sam Bradley, a couple of years ago. It is beautiful. He has a second track, written by friends Bobby Long and Marcus Foster, on the iTunes only version. These two songs play during really special parts of the movie and add such a rich layer. Beautiful! They are all talented musicians/songwriters. The soundtrack also features Muse, Collective Soul, Linkin Park, The Black Ghosts, Paramore, and more.

I loved the score in the movie, as well, so here it is: Twilight: The Score Carter Burwell did a lovely job!

And, last but not least tonight, Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion. A really cool book full of photos and info on the movie, the actors, and everything else!

My posts on the Twilight Saga are here.
Author Stephenie Meyer's website is here.
And here are links to a couple of my favorite Twilight world websites:
Twilight Lexicon (Bella's bio here---beware spoilers!)
bellaandedward.com


No comments: