Monday, November 06, 2006

Congrats!

I love country music. Brooks & Dunn and Brad Paisley are among my favorites, so I was happy to see they won awards at tonight's Country Music Assocation Awards Show.

AP: Brooks & Dunn Among Early Winners at CMA Awards---

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Brooks & Dunn's inspirational song "Believe" won three awards, including single and song of the year, during the 40th Annual Country Music Association Awards Monday night.

The duo, who hosted the show, also won music video of the year for "Believe" and opened the night by performing "Building Bridges" with guests Vince Gill and Sheryl Crow.

"This has been another huge year for country music," Kix Brooks said. "Tonight, we're here together to show off what it's really all about, and that's the greatest music on the face of the earth."

Brad Paisley, who was shut out last year despite six nomination, went into the night with a win this year. Before Monday's show, he and Dolly Parton won musical event of the year for their spiritual song "When I Get Where I'm Going." It was Parton's first CMA award since 1996.
Both "Believe" and "When I Get Where I'm Going" are beautiful Christian songs. I am so glad to see that one musical genre still honors those.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: