I came across this article and thought it had some lovely ways to enjoy this month:
Five Ways to Love January
In short (the basic ideas are from the article and I have added some of my favorites):
- Go to bed early and snuggle down under thick, warm covers, with lots of cushy pillows. I like to listen to my Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack.
- Read a classic novel. My favorite: Pride and Prejudice by my favorite author, Jane Austen. Take some hot Earl Grey tea with you, and a warm blanket, and find a cozy spot.
- Bake bread: not only is it easy and fun, but your house will smell deliciously. Even if the bread doesn't taste as good as you hoped, you will be able to say you made it (and the smell will linger!).
- Write something: find an empty journal or notebook or write a letter (It is a rare thing, these days, to receive an handwritten letter. Surprise someone!).
- Take comfort in friends: have some people over for a game night, make dinner together, have a movie night or a knitting party.
How do you plan to fight the winter blues?