Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Year of Twilight

It has been a year tonight since I began reading Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1). I bought the first book in the series a couple of weeks before, after joining Facebook and seeing tons of Twilight flair. So, I decided to see what the fuss was about and looked up the books. The story intrigued me. Thinking back, I had seen students reading the books the last couple of years, but had never been interested.

After I bought Twilight, I didn't read it for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure why, other than that sometimes I like to keep exciting/interesting books around to prolong the gratification. I decided, for some reason, that I was going to start reading it the night of Saturday, 14 June.

Of course, I woke up that morning with a bad headache that lingered all day. But, I was determined to begin it, so I did . . . and ended up reading until 3am, when I reluctantly made myself put the book down. I know exactly where I stopped.

I decided only to read the books at night, in order to drag out my joy. I was quite good about it Sunday. It was Father's Day and we went to see Prince Caspian at the movie theater. And I saw my first Twilight poster. Yay!!

That night I kept reading and again read until at least 3am. It was so hard to stop (sort of like how hard it is for Edward to resist Bella's blood).

Monday I was doing a ton of cleaning in my bedroom. My entire bed was covered, as was most of the floor. I worked, but my mind kept wandering to the book . . . which was sitting right there. And who was to say I couldn't sneak a chapter or two . . . except me.

So, I cleared a tiny spot on the floor next to my bed, squeezed down, and sped through a couple of chapters. Then put it down and got back to work.

I finished it that night. My first post about it is here.

And this is what I wrote after I read Twilight for the first time.

One song that makes an appearance is "Clair de Lune" by DeBussy. I had just been in a little "Atonement" phase and that song is on the soundtrack. After I read that part in the book I started playing it over and over and over and it became my Twilight song. It fits so perfectly. Now every time I hear it I feel all thos emotions again.

Tuesday I went to the story and bought the next two books, New Moon and Eclipse. I wasn't going to do any reading except at night, so I had to wait until I got home Tuesday evening to start New Moon. I ended up staying up really late that night and then threw my "only before bed" rule out the window. I read it as much as I could and finished it Wednesday night.

I began Eclipse and did the same and finished it at 4am the morning of 20 June, which just so happens to be Edward Cullen's birthday (haha). I was enthralled.

And one of my best friends began reading the books after she saw I was, so we were enthralled together.

This past year has been a Twilight year. The fourth book, Breaking Dawn, came out on 2 August 2008 and we had a Breaking Dawn Weekend.

Then in November the Twilight movie came out. Amazing. Another Twilight Weekend. And now New Moon has been filmed. It seems like years, but it has only been one.

I love it. So I'm going to read it again (again again) tonight. :)

1 comment:

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Do you need Personal Loan?
Business Cash Loan?
Unsecured Loan
Fast and Simple Loan?
Quick Application Process?
Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
No Hidden Fees Loan?
Funding in less than 1 Week?
Get unsecured working capital?
Email us:urgentloan22@gmail.com
Application Form:
=================
Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....
Email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)