Saturday, June 17, 2006

La Grande Georgette

Over a year ago I finally found Georgette Heyer novels. They are simply fantastic. I have long been a fan of novels set in the Regency Period of England's history. A few times, while browsing at the library, I came across some of Georgette's novels, but could never get into them.

Then, one day, I brought home The Convenient Marriage and was completely hooked. Since that day I have been a huge Georgette Heyer fan. Her novels are absolutely delightful, witty, interesting, and populated with the grandest characters.

Unfortunately, some of her novels can be difficult to find. I was so very delighted when I came across about 7 hardcover editions at a library sale last April. I almost fainted from joy! I have found a few paperbacks since then, but that was a treasure.

I finished The Grand Sophy, which was lent to me by Audrey, who taught me to knit, the other day and have picked up my copy of Arabella. I am not very far into it, as I have had other things I needed to do, but I am, of course, loving it. All I wanted to do was lay about and read Georgette Heyer novels.

I love all the books I have read so far, but I do have my absolute favorites:
-The Corinthian
-Regency Buck
-Frederica
-These Old Shades
-Devil's Cub
-The Nonesuch

If you have never read a Georgette Heyer novel, but like Jane Austen, I highly recommend you look in your library for some Heyers. They are exquisitely crafted and will bring a smile to your face!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: