Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure!

Recently I came across Showtime's The Tudors starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers on Comcast's "On Demand" and ended up watching all 10 (edited) episodes. I was hooked!

Tonight is the premiere of the second season. I don't get Showtime, so I will have to wait until the show is either on On Demand or comes out on dvd.

The Tudors isn't always historically accurate (JRM is younger than Henry VIII was supposed to be), but it is intriguing and interesting. While JRM doesn't look exactly like Henry, who was very handsome when he was younger, Jonathan has a certain sexy intensity that translates very well as royalty.


The rest of the cast---Henry Cavill, Callum Blue, Sam O'Neill, Jeremy Northam---are all fantastic, too. The costumes and sets are gorgeous.

You can create your own Tudors portrait and gallery here.

Do you watch The Tudors?

The Tudors

No comments: