Saturday, May 20, 2006

A First Line

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice
first line
I thought the first line from my favorite book in the entire world would be a delightful way to start of my new endeavour.

I have been blogging on politics (and other things) for almost a year now, and have finally decided to begin a new blog for my more diverting posts. You see, I don't always want to write about politics.

But, I would prefer to write about things such as books, movies, baking, and knitting away from A Lady's Ruminations.

And, so, I have created A Lady's Diversions.

A diversion is, as it says at the top of the blog:
Something that distracts the mind and relaxes or entertains.
This blog will be all about what distracts my mind, relaxes and entertains me. I do hope you enjoy as well.

I will be adding links and things along the sides in the not-to-distant future. I look forward to this!

Have a lovely day!

No comments: