Saturday, May 20, 2006

Knitting P&P

Speaking of Pride and Prejudice, I recently joined Knit the Classics. These lovely ladies read classic novels (about 1 a month, I believe) and all knit various items that somehow relate to the novel.

I learned to knit back in November, after Thanksgiving, and have become obsessed ever since. It follows that, as I love the classics, I was very delighted to come across this blog. I've joined and am currently knitting a grey shawl for use when I take walks at the lake this summer (and any other time). I imagine Lizzy Bennet might have used one similar on all her walks. I've really only just begun. I'll post a picture as soon as I have more done.

In the mean time, head over to Knit the Classics and see what the other ladies are creating.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Kathryn Judson said...

I don't knit, but if I read too many more blog posts like this one, I might have to take it up! Knit the Classics sounds like a great project.

At our bookstore, year after year classics sell very well - and the standout buyers are teens and twenty-somethings. I guess starving kids of Western Civ and great lit in school and pop culture doesn't work out quite as well as some post-modern types would like ;).

I've linked.

Lady Jane said...

It is fun! Since I've learned I have become quite obsessed. I keep buying yarn, even if I don't know what to do with it!

And I am quite excited to combine knitting with the Classics. Next we are doing Wuthering Heights! The Classics are so wonderful. I hope everyone finds out. :)

Thanks for the link!