Monday, July 17, 2006

The Pirates Keep Plundering

Goodness! Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest continues to do superbly at the box office. This past weekend, the film made $62.6 million, for a total of $258,205,000 domestically, in 10 days! This makes POTC: DMC the biggest grossing movie of the year . . . in 10 days!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


POTC: DMC also opened in 17 more foreign countries, and took first place at the box office in each and every one.

Now showing in 24 overseas markets, the film took in $58 million to bring its overseas gross to $125 million. It set new box office records for opening weekend results in Russia, Ukraine, Finland, Singapore and Malaysia.
Hooray! I have seen the movie twice, but I do plan to see it again, quite soon. I am glad to see people are still going in droves. It is perfect entertainment for a hot summer day and you are guaranteed to laugh. If you haven't seen the first one, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl , I recommend doing so. It will let you in on the numerous inside jokes in DMC and explain the characters and "history" to you. Plus, it is a simply fabulous movie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


More news and links:

AP: 'Pirates' loots box office, grosses $258M

BoxOfficeMojo: 'Pirates' Pilfer More Records

Lots of great pictures here.

My previous posts:
-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
-A Chest Full of Gold
-More Pirate Plunder

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband and I loved it. The ending was perfect! The scenery was gorgeous, and the special effects were incredible. How lucky you got to see it twice! We really enjoyed it. I also like that we don't have to wait 3 yrs. for the next one. My husband says they are more than halfway done filmining the 3rd. one.

Lady Jane said...

Wasn't the ending awesome? I was surprised that it was a cliffhanger, but I can't wait for the 3rd movie. The special affects were great too. I'm glad we don't have to wait too long either. Next summer will have some great movies, with POTC 3 and Harry Potter 5. :) Thanks!

Erin said...

It was really good, wasn't it?

Lady Jane said...

It was! My sister and I saw it for a 3rd time today and it just gets better. I definitely caught even more of the inside jokes related to the first movie. It was hilarious!

Thanks, Erin!