I love cooking, but the summer heat (and no A/C) makes it kind of hard sometimes. So, here is a list of 13 great recipes (or groups of recipes) for the hot summer months. I have made some and others just sound delicious. (Lots of chicken (my favorite) and Rachael Ray recipes (my favorite Food Network person.)
Do you have any favorites?
1. Grilled Chicken with Fireworks Sauce from Rachael Ray's magazine: I made this for Indpendence Day this year. Yummo!
2. Taco Twist Soup: This is one of my recipes and every time I make it for people they love it. :) It is super easy, can be doubled or tripled (or whatever) without much more work, and you can use the types and amounts of ingredients you want.
3. Iced Tea: Who doesn't love a tall cool glass of iced tea on a hot summer day? This link has a long list of great sounding recipes.
4. Bacon-Bit Burgers with Smoked Gouda and Steak House-Smothered Onions from Rachael Ray's magazine: I haven't made these but they sound absolutely delicious.
5. Grilled Tomato-Basil Pizza from Rachael Ray's magazine: We grilled pizza once last summer and it was good! Tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and grilled pizza dough sounds fabulous.
6. Spicy Ginger Marinade: I came up with this recipe when I didn't have the ingredients for the one I wanted to do. This marinade is great on chicken or beef, vegetables, stir-fry, and as a dipping sauce. Delicious!
7. Buffalo Popcorn Chicken Bites Recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine: These are really yummy and quite easy to make (don't be scared of the oil!). You can make a ton of different dipping sauces to go with these. The chicken bites are great in a salad too.
8. 40 Summer Grilling Recipes from Reader's Digest: A big list of tantalizing sounding recipes. Something for everyone.
9. Chinese Salad from Paula Deen: I love Paula's show on the Food Network. I haven't made this exact recipe, but my mother always makes one quite similar. It is great with leftover chicken tossed in, as well as mandarin oranges.
10. Chicken Cacciatore Subs from Rachael Ray: These are so delicious and easy. You only have to use your broiler a bit, so the house doesn't get too hot. This recipe is easy to double too.
11. Beef Burger with Roasted Tomato Ketchup from the Food Network's Bobby Flay: I have never made these but Bobby is the King of the Grill, so they ought to be good. Roasted tomatoes!
12. In honor of Captain Jack Sparrow, two recipes: Old-Fashioned Rum Cake (from Rachael Ray) and Caribbean Chicken Shish Kebabs.
13. Desserts: I LOVE to bake, but don't do much during the summer because the house gets too hot. Still, I want to enjoy some yummy desserts after bbqs. This link has a nice list of "no-bake" desserts that are perfect for the summer. I can't wait to try some.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants