Tonight, at midnight, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, the second of the Pirates trilogy, comes out. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is one of my absolute favorite movies. I cannot believe it has been three years since it came out.
My sister Trisha, best friend Aj, and I have tickets to the midnight show tonight, so I thought I would honor the premiere with a Thursday Thirteen.
Here are 13 of my sister and my favorite things about Pirates of the Caribbean:
1. Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow: Johnny Depp created the most amazing character. The entrance, the personality, the teeth, the persona. What a performance! Plus, Johnny Depp!
2. Orlando Bloom as Will Turner
3. The great lines, which are perfect to use in real life (more here):
Jack Sparrow: Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.
4. Jack . . . the Monkey: "Monkey!"
5. The swordfighting
6. Jack Sparrow: [Wakes up and sees Elizabeth burning the rum] No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade... the rum!
Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.
Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth: One: because it is a *vile* dring that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance they wont see it?
Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?
7. Murtogg and Mullroy, Pintel and Ragetti
8. Will Turner: You cheated.
Jack Sparrow: Pirate.
9. The Pirates . . . they're cursed.
10. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann:
Jacoby (a Pirate): I'm gonna teach you the meaning of pain.
Elizabeth: You like pain? [hits pirate in the head with a pole]
Elizabeth: Try wearing a corset.
11. Jack Sparrow: Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley...
Jack Sparrow: That's the one. Parley. Parley.
Pintel: Parley? Damn to the depths whatever man what thought of "Parley".
Jack Sparrow: That would be the French.
12. Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio---the writers, Jerry Bruckheimer---the producer, Gore Verbinski---the director
13. Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Caribbean, love.
We're going back! Two more movies! :)
What's not to love?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants